Sail into Summer!

To welcome us into summer, I invited some family over for a backyard gathering. While the kids played in the yard, we momma's sat back and sipped on mojitos as the men manned the grill! Now of course you know me, no gathering is complete without adding a touch of celebration!


I found the most darling navy and pink nautical themed decorations and craft supplies at Target. They turned out so cute together and I love the color combinations!



I took glass bottles and wrapped washi tape around them for color, and of course a stripey straw for fun! The polka dot picture is tissue paper I found that matched all the colors perfectly. Cut to size and it made a great print for the dessert table.



This cake was an undertaking for me. I wanted to try my hand at the watercolor effect, I think it turned out pretty good for my first try! I pulled colors from the banner, using dark blue, aqua and pink. Then added a touch of sprinkles to the top, because after all who doesn't love sprinkles? 




To keep it light I made a banana cake, and not only did this cake look pretty, but it tasted delicious! 


I served a few snacks for the kids so they could help themselves in between running around out side. Pirates Booty for the win!


Lemon wafer cookies were a hit and gone within minutes, I swear, I think I got a crumb. 


On a warm day nothing is more refreshing than watermelon, one of my many summer favorites.


Mason jars filled with treats were great take home snacks. They were filled with mini marshmallows and chocolate covered almonds. To decorate the jars I used fun patterned tissue paper to cover the lid and attached with a cute watercolor tag. 




Having this setup on our deck was perfect, it allowed the kids easy access to the snacks and kept my floors clean! Summer entertaining is always nice.



Entering summer with a celebration was a fun idea, I think I may need to do this for the fall too! It'll be here before we know it, but for now, Happy Summer!



Party Styling & Photography: AK Party Studio
Party Supplies: Target

Toni




2 comments

  1. Love it all. Can't wait to see what you have in store for me :-)

    ReplyDelete