Whole Wheat Blueberry Granola Pancakes

The other night the classic "what's for dinner"
question came into my mind. I knew it needed to be quick, easy and delicious. I love breakfast foods, but don't always have the ability during the week to make an elaborate feast. Making breakfast for dinner was a perfect option and it's my favorite!

I came across a great pancake recipe featured on Two Peas and Their Pod. The pictures looked delicious and the pancakes were different than I had ever tried. Queue the drum roll...whole wheat blueberry granola pancakes. I mean really, could they sound any better?

I adapted the recipe a bit for the ingredients I had on hand. For the original recipe see here.  

2 cups whole wheat flour (I used pastry flour since that is what I had)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup granola


1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and until combined. Gently stir in the blueberries and granola. The batter will be slightly lumpy.

2. Heat griddle or pan to medium-low heat. Coat with cooking spray or butter. Drop batter onto heated skillet (I used a 1/2 cup scoop). Cook until surface of pancakes have little bubbles and a few that have popped, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula and cook until browned on the other side, 1 or 2 more minutes.
Serve warm with butter and maple syrup, or top with strawberries and whipped cream. 

Whatever you top these delicious pancakes with I am sure you will enjoy them!

Toni

2 comments