Favorite Things: Dessert Style

My girlfriends and I routinely get together and host a "Favorite Things" party, if you haven't heard of this concept before it is a blast and a great way to host a get together with friends.

The premise behind the party is for each guest to bring a certain number of their "Favorite Thing" with a price limit. Our group is pretty intimate so we agreed on bringing 3 (of the same item) at a $10 and under price point. We usually have plenty of food and drinks and to make it easier on the host each person brings either a dish or drink to share. The night is filled with good food, drinks, lots of laughs and everyone leaves with a few new items. It is so much fun and I know all of my girlfriends look forward to it.

This past weekend my girlfriend hosted our latest "Favorite Things" party. The host set a theme of desserts, so each of us brought a sweet treat to enjoy along with our favorite items.

My "favorite thing" were items you would use to decorate cupcakes; cute party liners, stripey straws, piping bags and frosting tips then I packaged them in these adorable canvas bags from Michaels.  I spruced up the bags a little, aren't they adorable? I am just loving the gold glitter look right now, who would've thought gold would be back in so soon? To see how I created this check out the post here.


Here are some additional photos of the night. My girlfriend Melanie hosted, and she certainly knows how to put on quite a spread. Everything was delicious and we all had to roll our way home!






Double Chocolate Coconut Brownies - recipe coming soon!


We all had such a great night, these girls are all truly amazing and an inspiration to me. I feel blessed to have each of them in my life.

If you haven't been to a "Favorite Things" party I recommend hosting one, your friends will love it and it is sure to be a night full of fun! For other great ideas on hosting a "Favorite Things" party check out A Place for Us Blog or Jenny Keller from Jenny Cookies just put on a fabulous, extravagant favorite things, check it out here for inspiration.

Happy Planning!

Toni


Post a Comment